Wednesday 19 February 2014

Lets Get Back On Track

As some of you may have guessed I have a bit of a passion for all things sparkly.
For years I trained to be a nail technician and beautician and always involved my hobbies in this work. 
My love of sparkle and all things pretty grew and evolved itself over the years and my nail art became well known locally, then live threw a spanner in the works and I went into the wheelchair it was at this time I felt that I could no longer carry on doing what I had been doing. I had to give up my day job (a unit organiser for Ann Summers) as well as my part time job as a nail tech and beautician. I had never seen a disabled nail tech or beautician and this led to me taking my hobbies blinging and jewellery making and making a business out of them which I love but I felt part of me was missing I continued to do close families and friends nails etc but my nail art began to loose its panache my feeling of loss showed in my work!


I have built many businesses and feel that they are all going in the right direction but yet that feeling that something is missing has remained. 
My poor hubby lives in a home full of sparkle, beads and fabric (There is a long standing joke in my family that I tend not to put the overhead lights on  in fear of blinding someone on the sheer amount of sparkle that is always around) he often comes home to find every chair covered in partially completed dresses/ craft projects and  blinged walking sticks, the units adorned in drying blinged footwear and phone cases, the floor covered in gems and the table lost in a world of beads and jewellery designs. 
I know every mans nightmare a home full of bling and sparkle of every kind!!!! 
But yet even he knew something was missing...........
On many occasions my closest friends and family have made jokes of the fact that if they didn't keep moving in my house they would end up covered in bling or feel that they may turn up one day to find the walls covered in gems. 
It was about January/ February time last year I stopped having my own nails done in the local salon as I got fed up with the run of the mill artwork that is farmed out in the industry these days with no real passion or originality. I would often sit an wish I could tell them exactly what  wanted on my nails even show them if needed but that would be plain rude as they do not do the kind of art work that I wanted and used to do on my own nails. 

I enjoy painting nails and giving them that extra bit of originality and Hubbies mum had become a willing victim to my flair for nails a very welcome outlet for my creativity.

Whilst in the world of painting nails the world outside and around me disappears my fears of not being good enough or worthy enough fade and my body fills with a pure love and enjoyment of creating beautiful and original nails for those that I am working on.
For ages after I feel an inner glow a happiness I cannot explain. 

Then something happened a couple of weeks ago Hubby spoke to me and was dreading what he was going to say a moan about the volume of stuff I have in our home for work (often a cause for arguments)but I was shocked when he said he felt that I needed to spend some time on what I was born to do the one thing I have always loved doing ...... helping people feel pretty by doing their nails and beauty treatments. 
From him this is a major complement and it truly warmed my heart he said my work on nails was amazing and not something I should push to one side any longer. 
He said he understood why I gave it all up when I went in the wheelchair but now I needed to get back to it and like everything else I do in life adapt how I do it to suit my situation and needs, he suggested that I create a small salon area in my home and get clients to come to me. He even brought me all the salon furniture to do it ! I already had all the products and equipment needed as I have been doing close friend's and family's nails.
He amazed me as he had picked out an over priced nail bar so I showed him a more acceptably priced one lol, but I was amazed at the thought he had put into all this.
Over the last week all the bits for my home salon turned up and as it arrived Hubby put it all together and arranged our home to accommodate it all and slowly my little LOVE YOUR NAILS salon came into being
I'm so happy my heart could burst ! that void has been filled ! 
I couldn't wait to share this with you ! 





No comments:

Post a Comment