Tuesday 22 April 2014

I wonder if you still blame me

My heart hurts 
a nagging worry in my mind 
this is not a blog for those that have triggers please bear that in mind 

There are days that my past lays heavy on my mind
I cannot always find the right words to put how I feel or explain what is going on 

I have always known that I am blamed for what happened 
I was called a liar until he admitted it 
I am ousted from your life 
I try and fix the cracks but you hate me all the same 
although you will never admit it 
you said it once while you were drunk 
you blame me 
it was my fault 
but I was just a child 
I never stole him 
I never led him on 
I hated it 
I hated him 
I wanted to end my life 
but I knew I had to protect them 
as I knew you wouldn't 
you didn't protect me 
I tried to make up excuses for you 
like you didn't know ... 
but you watched him beat me and throw me around the house 
and when he told you go you went 
and you left me to the worst of him 
how could you not know ?
I've never put it into words 
I have never let you see 
that your words and actions have hurt me 
YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOVE ME 
but yet I know 
and so do they 
we mean nothing to you 
neither do our babes 
I am sick of making excuses for you 
THIS is the bed you have made
I'm sick of broken promises
of fixing their heartaches
you have fucked up just as much as him 
let face it 
you hurt the innocent 
and then rub it in their face
well now I turn my back on you 
and I'll protect the babes

Lay upon this bed you have made 
and I shall be an 
Orphan  

2 comments:

  1. Your words are, as always, inspiring. Those that have faced the worst things in life turn into the strongest people in the planet. Look at yourself now babe, look how far you have come. I couldn't be prouder of you. Guilt is a horrible emotion. I feel it every day, and for good reason. But it eats you up like a poison. It makes your stomach hurt and turn into knots, and makes you want to curl up, cry, and scream. You are so brave sharing your story. Those that haven't been through it can never really understand, and will never be able to empathise. But thanks to your words, they will have a chance to sympathise. That is an amazing gift.

    I hope getting this out has helped a little. I am always here if you need a chat. And thank you so much for being brave enough to share your story... there are countless people out there who will be able to gleam some hope from this. Congratulations beautiful.

    ReplyDelete